Saturday, March 8, 2014

REM sleep

REM sleep plays an essential role in our sleep cycle, if you don't enter the REM sleep stage at least once in our sleeping stages, you will wake up feeling like you didn't get much sleep. Why is REM sleep so important? This stage of sleep allows you to have your most vivid dreams. I play basketball for my high-school, when we play away, we don't get a home until eleven a.m. every night, therefore, I won't make it to bed until at least twelve or twelve thirty, I go to bed and get about six hours of sleep, I may have a dream, I may not, the next night I get about eight to nine hours of sleep, I have about three to four dreams, what does this tell you? The more hours of sleep you get, the more likely you are to have dreams, dreams you can recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment